“Room for Career Advancement, Great Benefits, Family Oriented Company Culture”
Quality Assurance Manager
Known as the “Recognized Mark of Quality”, Castella is a leader in the specialty food industry. Castella is committed to bringing authentic flavors of the world to the plates of our customers, one taste at a time. We deliver the highest quality products at the best possible prices through marketing, our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, innovation and product development, Castella maintains a culture of professionalism, teamwork, integrity and respect to our customers, vendors, team members and community.
Control overall safety, quality, and product security of the plant. Ensure that all documents required to maintain high quality are developed and followed with the appropriate tests being conducted. This would include updating the Manufacturing Manual, QA/QC Manual and others as required. Testing will be performed to approve raw materials placed in the Containment area and for approval of in-process and finished products. The QA Manager will have the final QA approval for finished product shipment.
- Ensure that the GMP and HACCP plan are followed daily. Report to the Director of Operations any problems that compromise product Safety, Quality, and Security.
- Recommend procedures to correct quality deficiencies
- Train identified technicians to perform the duties required in QC and QA.
- Interact with suppliers on quality issues as well as order and manage laboratory supplies
- Meet all Food, Personal safety, and Regulatory requirements
- Develop and manage associate training program, help achieve their goals and career advancement
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement as well as process improvement efforts
- Inspect and audit suppliers as directed
- Leads Customers Audits and any other 3rd party Audits
- Responds to customers’ requests in a promptly matter
- Manage Product Specification & compliance with labeling
- Other duties, as assigned to support high quality initiatives
· Minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in food industry operations, with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
· SQF Practitioner/HACCP certified
Ability to follow up and verification of effective corrective action implementation
· Must be able to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
Great negotiating and Interpersonal Skills
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Team Work Effective – cooperates well with other team members to achieve shared objectives.
Follows thru on decisions.
Understands, manages and facilitates the flow of information up and down all levels of Castella Imports, Inc.
Propose creative solutions to the customer that optimizes business results.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as directed by management.
Castella Imports, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. No recruiters or agencies please.
Built upon a culture of quality and integrity; Castella is a Hauppauge, NY, family owned importer, manufacturer and distributor of specialtyfoods. For over 20 years, Castella's commitment to growth and innovation has enabled the organization to expand its portfolio of product offering in the food service and retail sector to over 1000 SKU's; spanning antipasto, baking & confectionery, cheeses, olives, oils, spices and seasonings, to name a few.
Castella's focus is on innovation. With a full R&D team on board as well as an in-house marketing and advertising department, Castella is able to research, develop, source and bring to market unique, custom, differentiated products from the Mediterranean and beyond.
The organization is an avid contributor to the community via donation of food to local charities and green initiatives while maintaining a mantra of social corporate responsibility.