Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago.
“Room for Career Advancement, Great Benefits, Family Oriented Company Culture”
Known as the "Recognized Mark of Quality", Castella is a leader in the specialty food industry. Castella is committed to bringing authentic flavors of the world to the plates of our customers, one taste at a time. We deliver the highest quality products at the best possible prices through marketing, our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, innovation and product development, Castella maintains a culture of professionalism, teamwork, integrity and respect to our customers, vendors, team members and community.
Warehouse Order Picker
Order Picker must be able to operate a stand up forklift, pallet jack and a cherry picker to pick orders and use an RF scan gun. Must have good attention to detail and read work orders to be able to pull the merchandise as needed. Must be able to lift up to 25lbs all day. Retrieves specified inventory verifies that the item, lot number, and quantity picked matches the pick list. Stacks and secures materials on pallets; moving materials to the staging area.
• Responsible for filling orders by picking inventory and placing onto pallets.
• Read orders ensure accuracy of pick location, item number, item lot number, size, and quantity to be shipped.
• Maintain neat and orderly inventory when pulling merchandise.
• Responsible for occasionally filling warehouse and truck orders and placing them in a designated location.
• Access inventory information on computer to check for out of stock products on shelves.
• Improve picking accuracy and volume results month over month.
• Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required skills, abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read, speak and write English so as to assimilate, retain, and apply training and knowledge of job functions and recognize and communicate problems and recommended solutions.
• 1 - 2 years of warehouse experience
• Ability to be attentive to detail.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to prioritize work.
• Ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Built upon a culture of quality and integrity; Castella is a Hauppauge, NY, family owned importer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty foods. For over 20 years, Castella's commitment to growth and innovation has enabled the organization to expand its portfolio of product offering in the food service and retail sector to over 1000 SKU's; spanning antipasto, baking & confectionery, cheeses, olives, oils, spices and seasonings, to name a few.
Castella's focus is on innovation. With a full R&D team on board as well as an in-house marketing and advertising department, Castella is able to research, develop, source and bring to market unique, custom, differentiated products from the Mediterranean and beyond.
The organization is an avid contributor to the community via donation of food to local charities and green initiatives while maintaining a mantra of social corporate responsibility.
Sound great? Apply today!
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Order Picker jobs in Addison IL USA:
Just In Time Staffing LLC in Itasca, IL
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Staffinders, Inc. Chicago in Glendale Heights, IL
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Phoenix Staffing & Management Systems, Inc. in Roselle, IL
Posted 7 hours ago on ZipRecruiter