“Room for Career Advancement, Great Benefits, Family Oriented Company Culture”
The dispatch clerk is responsible for communicating with all company drivers and various providers. The clerk communicates any route issues (lateness, shorts, overages, damages, refusals and returns) with various departments within the company.
The dispatch clerk is also responsible for the following tasks:
· Checking driver paperwork after route
· Making delivery appointments
· Communicating next day assignments to all drivers
· Filing daily paperwork
· Data entering repair orders into fleet soft
· Daily check calls to drivers and tracking.
· Reporting needed repairs to Logistics Management for repair
· Scanning PODS, rate cons and set up packets back to brokers
· Rescheduling stops due to lateness
· State mileage report
· Backhaul logging for submission
· Report and escalate any hours of service issues to management
· Communicate with various departments (customer service, purchasing, finance, warehouse & sales)
• Planning, scheduling and routing experience preferred
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
• Must be able to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
• 1 year of logistical experience preferred
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Team Work Effective - cooperates well with other team members to achieve shared objectives.
• Follows thru on decisions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as directed by management.
Castella Imports, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. No recruiters or agencies please. Local Candidates Only.
Built upon a culture of quality and integrity; Castella is a Hauppauge, NY, family owned importer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty foods. For over 20 years, Castella's commitment to growth and innovation has enabled the organization to expand its portfolio of product offering in the food service and retail sector to over 1000 SKU's; spanning antipasto, baking & confectionery, cheeses, olives, oils, spices and seasonings, to name a few.
Castella's focus is on innovation. With a full R&D team on board as well as an in-house marketing and advertising department, Castella is able to research, develop, source and bring to market unique, custom, differentiated products from the Mediterranean and beyond.
The organization is an avid contributor to the community via donation of food to local charities and green initiatives while maintaining a mantra of social corporate responsibility.
Sound great? Apply today!
Company address: Hauppauge, NY
Posted date: 3 days ago