Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago.
“Room for Career Advancement, Great Benefits, Family Oriented Company Culture”
· Receive and log samples
· Conduct testing on raw materials and finished product such as volatile oil testing, Ash/Acid insoluble ash, Sieve, Analysis, Log raw material and finished product results, Titrations, Micro, and UV testing
· Run oil samples for analysis using Gas Chromatography machine
· Continuously monitor that employees follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
· Continuously monitor employees' hygiene practices are compliant with Company Cleanliness and Hygiene Rules
· Responsible for completing Quality Assurance forms used for process control
· File maintenance of HACCP, GMP, Micro - (scanning and saving all test results) and all Quality Assurance records and forms
· Responsible for submitting Transmittals of all micro samples to lab for testing as needed (Certified Labs and SGS)
· Coordinate and schedule outside lab pick up and samplings
· Lab supply inventory and ordering supplies
· Daily Cleaning of work area and lab supply reconciliation
· Ensure compliance of Finished Product SOP's with QC Specs Check Log Sheet. Inform QA Supervisor of out-of-range results, and verify that processing adjustments are made to bring results within specifications
· Minimum of technical degree in related industry or field.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to learn in-house software.
· Math skills
· Clear understanding of GMP's/HACCP & Sanitation Standards (training will be provided)
· Food production expertise a plus
· Knowledge of multi-culture work environment
· Bilingual (Spanish), preferred
· Ability to effectively communicate, both internal and external at all levels
· Provide rapid response to any inquiries
· Professional attitude
· Experience/ Familiarity with method formulation is a plus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as directed by management.
Castella Imports, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. Local Candidates Only.
Built upon a culture of quality and integrity; Castella is a Hauppauge, NY, family owned importer, manufacturer and distributor of specialtyfoods. For over 20 years, Castella's commitment to growth and innovation has enabled the organization to expand its portfolio of product offering in the food service and retail sector to over 1000 SKU's; spanning antipasto, baking & confectionery, cheeses, olives, oils, spices and seasonings, to name a few.
Castella's focus is on innovation. With a full R&D team on board as well as an in-house marketing and advertising department, Castella is able to research, develop, source and bring to market unique, custom, differentiated products from the Mediterranean and beyond.
The organization is an avid contributor to the community via donation of food to local charities and green initiatives while maintaining a mantra of social corporate responsibility.
Sound great? Apply today!
Posted date: 2 months ago
Browse Chemist jobs in Hauppauge NY USA:
U.S. Nonwovens in Central Islip, NY
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
RIED Corp. in Bohemia, NY
Posted 22 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Randstad in Melville, NY
Posted 1 month ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA