Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Jr. Staff Accountant Jobs in Houston, TX
Department Financial Reporting
Location Corporate Office
Classification Salaried – Exempt
Reporting to Financial Reporting Manager – Funeral Operations
Strong communications skills, desire to provide good field support, and the drive to exceed expectations will be characteristics possessed by the successful candidate.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from four-year college or university
- 0-3 years’ experience in a General Ledger Capacity
General Job Function
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Responsible for the Funeral Home Location financial review and analysis during monthly close
- Work with Corporate and Field Personnel and Management to obtain information and provide explanations of financial analysis
- Compile journal entries as needed during review.
- Posting of approved journals to ledger.
- Work directly with field location processors and Managing Partners to resolve any issues or help location with questions during month-end and through-out the month.
- Review field locations' monthly inventory reconciliations of physical count to ledger. Working with locations to resolve issues and improve process
- Complete assigned monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Identify, propose and implement process and or procedure changes to gain efficiencies, strengthen controls, or improve quality of information provided by the department.
- Assist in special projects, testing system upgrades or enhancements impacting functions used by Financial Reporting Group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of accounting software (Great Plains – eEnterprise a plus), Strong Microsoft Excel Skills, Microsoft Word and Hyperion Reports and Essbase.
About Carriage Services:
At Carriage Services, Inc., we are committed to being the most professional, ethical, and highest quality funeral and cemetery service organization in our industry. It is our belief that the right quality of staff provides the necessary foundation to fuel our high performance culture and allows us to be the best at serving the needs of client families and communities nationwide.
Successful staff members at Carriage are defined as the right people (based on required skills and behavioral competencies, education, and experience) effectively executing the right role (essential job functions) consistently each and every day.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Jr. Staff Accountant jobs in Houston, Texas: