Posted 1 year ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Clerk, Part-time
LOCATION: Microfilm/Photocopy (Oakland)
POSTING DATE: June 27, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131076
Job Summary: Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks to support library operations; performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Shelving newspapers, microfilm, and microfiche
• Working with microfilm reader/printers and copiers;
• Maintaining detailed records and statistics;
• Providing superior customer service to a diverse public and staff.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Excellent communication and comprehensive skills;
• Ability to learn library software applications and shelving classifications;
• Physical ability to push heavy book trucks, stoop, bend and to stand for prolonged periods of time;
• High School diploma or GED required;
• PA Criminal Record Check and PA Child Abuse History Clearance required upon offer of employment.
Work Hours: 20 hours per week; evenings and weekends as assigned
Salary: $9.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online by July 7th
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library clerk jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: