Posted 1 year ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Clerk, Full-time
LOCATION: West End Branch
POSTING DATE: June 4, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131068
Job Summary: Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks to support library operations and performs other duties as needed for a busy neighborhood library.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Checking in and out library material, registering customers for library cards, collecting fines and fees and processing customer holds and requests;
• Greeting and directing customers to appropriate staff and resources;
• Providing orientation for library use;
• Shelving materials and shelf-reading;
• Performing clerical tasks to support library operations;
• Understanding and applying CLP’s Standards for Service Excellence when working with all customers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Possess the ability to provide superior customer service to a diverse public;
• Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment, and work with frequent interruptions;
• Ability to complete tasks accurately and within deadlines;
• Previous public service experience is preferred;
• Knowledge of MS office, including Word and Excel;
• Physical ability to bend, reach and lift light loads (25+ lbs.);
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• All CLP positions are contingent upon satisfactory completion of PA Criminal Background check and PA Child Abuse History clearance.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week; schedule will vary to meet the needs of the branch
Salary: $9.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by June 14th
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library clerk jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply