Posted 2 years ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Clerk, Part-time
LOCATION: Customer Service
POSTING DATE: April 23, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131058
Job Summary: Handle all circulation/account management functions for a busy urban library.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Checking in and out library material, registering customers for library cards, collecting fines and fees and processing customer holds and requests;
• Greeting and directing customers to appropriate staff and resources;
• Focus on serving the public and working with a wide variety of customers;
• Performing clerical tasks to support library operations;
• Understanding and applying CLP’s Standards for Service Excellence when working with all customers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Possess the ability to provide superior customer service to a diverse public;
• Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to interpret policy and problem-solve;
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment, and work with frequent interruptions;
• Ability to complete tasks accurately and within deadlines;
• Computer skills necessary; ability to learn library software application and LC shelving classifications;
• Physical ability to bend, reach and lift light loads (25+ lbs.);
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
Work Hours: Regular Saturdays required, as well as some evenings and Sunday hours as needed. Flexibility for daytime preferred.
Salary: $9.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by May 2, 2013
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library clerk jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Rudd Equipment Company - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 20 days ago on Monster