Posted 1 year ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Clerk, Part-time
LOCATION: Shelving & Stack Services, Oakland
POSTING DATE: April 4, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131052
Job Summary: Arranges and returns materials to shelves accurately and efficiently using the Library of Congress and alphabetical classifications. Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks to support library operations and performs other duties exclusive to the assigned department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Sorting, shelving and arranging library materials, including books, magazines and audiovisual materials;
• Checking in material and holds processing;
• Moving materials from one location to another and retrieving material from closed areas.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Ability to interpret policy and problem-solve; and work with frequent interruptions and complete tasks accurately and on time;
• Ability to work well with a diverse public and staff;
• Ability to learn library software applications and shelving classifications;
• Basic proficiency with Internet, email, and Microsoft applications;
• Physical ability to bend, reach, lift loads up to 75 pounds, stand for several hours at a time, and frequent climbing of stairs;
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Work Hours: Saturdays 10:00 am -5:30 pm, Sundays 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm, one week night 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Salary: $9.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by April 15, 2013
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library clerk jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply