Posted 2 years ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Clerk, Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown & Business Branch
POSTING DATE: March 7, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131036
Job Summary: Performs a variety of clerical tasks at a busy urban library.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Checking in and out library material;
• Registering customers for library cards, collecting fines and fees and processing customer holds and requests;
• Providing orientation for library use;
• Shelving materials and shelf-reading;
• Performing clerical tasks to support library operations;
• Understanding and applying CLP’s Standards for Service Excellence when working with all customers.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills and the ability to work well with a diverse public and staff;
• Quick problem solving and troubleshooting ability at a busy circulation desk;
• Willingness to work as part of a team;
• Previous experience using the Millennium circulation module is a plus;
• Computer skills are required, including knowledge of MS Office applications;
• Physical ability to bend, reach and lift light loads (25+ lbs);
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday – Saturdays as needed for branch scheduling
Salary: $9.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by March 18, 2013
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library clerk jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Rudd Equipment Company - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 16 days ago on Monster