Posted 2 years ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Assistant, Part-time
LOCATION: Homewood Branch
POSTING DATE: March 19, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131043
Job Summary: Provides superior customer service to a diverse public, including adults, children and tweens/teens. Primary focus is adult and teen programming. Additionally provides service through circulation of materials, registration of customers, computer assistance and other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating and offering a variety of in-house teen and adult program opportunities;
• Circulating library material, assisting and instructing customers, including adults, teens, and children in the use of library resources, facilities, and policies;
• Providing computer instruction and assistance to library PC users;
• Providing reference and reader’s advisory services, including homework assistance;
• Assisting staff with general circulation duties, creation of monthly e-newsletter, and posting to social media;
• Collecting and reporting data on department use and program/outreach attendance.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Ability to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team,
• Ability to manage assignments and responsibilities effectively under conditions of a small branch;
• Ability to plan and present library programming of interest to tweens and teens;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Bachelor’s degree, and Act 33/34 clearances;
• Knowledge of current technologies and electronic resources, including social media, MS Office, electronic databases, and internet searches;
• Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for long periods of time.
Work Hours: 12.5 hours per week; hours may vary to meet the needs of the branch, and will include evenings and Saturdays.
Salary: $14.36 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by March 30, 2013
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library assistant jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Development Dimensions International (DDI) - Bridgeville, PA
Posted 3 days ago on Monster
University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 25 days ago on the web
Quest Diagnostics - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 19 days ago on CareerBuilder