Posted 2 years ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Library Assistant, Part-time
LOCATION: Mt. Washington Branch
POSTING DATE: March 19, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131042
Job Summary: Provides superior customer service to a diverse public, including adults, children and tweens/teens. Works with staff on programming for tweens/teens. Additionally provides service through circulation of materials, registration of customers, computer assistance and other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying and locating library materials for library users;
• Assisting and instructing customers, including adults, teens, and children in the use of library resources, facilities, and policies;
• Provide quality customer service both in person and over the phone;
• Assisting staff with general circulation duties, creation of monthly e-newsletter, and posting to social media;
• Assists as needed with children’s and adult programming, crafts, and projects.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Ability to work as part of a team, and manage assignments and responsibilities effectively under conditions of a small branch;
• Ability to plan and present library programming of interest to tweens and teens;
• Strong affinity for/ knowledge of children’s, teen, and adult literature;
• Bachelor’s degree, and Act 33/34 clearances;
• Familiarity with catalog, e-newsletters, social media, MS Office, electronic databases, and internet searches;
• Reliable method of transportation;
• Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for long periods of time.
Work Hours: 10 hours per week; Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., hours may vary to meet the needs of the branch during all regular hours of operation.
Salary: $14.36 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by March 30, 2013.
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse library assistant jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 3 days ago on the web
The Art Institute - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 30 days ago on the web
Quest Diagnostics - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 6 days ago on CareerBuilder