Posted 1 year ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Librarian, Full-time
LOCATION: Hill District
POSTING DATE: May 28, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131064
Job Summary: Seeking a creative and motivated individual to serve as a Children’s Librarian and Teen Specialist in the branch.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing high quality customer service to all customers, including reference and reader’s advisory, with a focus on children and teens;
• Developing and maintaining relationships with schools and community organizations that serve children and youth;
• Providing high quality internal programs and outreach;
• Managing and maintaining collection to meet community needs;
• Contribute to system-wide initiatives through participation in various teams and committees;
• Plan, promote, present, and evaluate programs for children and teens both internally in the library and through outreach programs;
• Planning, promoting and implementing library programs to meet the needs of a diverse customer base;
• Act as primary point of contact for staff and customers in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school and PA Child Abuse History Clearance is required;
• Ability to plan, promote, present and evaluate programs, both in-house and via outreach;
• Knowledge of children’s and teen literature, current and classic, in all formats;
• Strong leadership skills along with a solid knowledge and an innovative vision of library services;
• Experience creating and implementing library programs especially targeted to children, teens, and their families;
• Commitment to providing high quality customer service in accordance with CLP’s philosophy and guidelines;
• Competent using new and existing electronic resources and devices, including e-readers; internet searches, and Microsoft Office.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including days, evenings and Saturdays as needed
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online by June 7th
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse librarian jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Uber - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 3 days ago on Uber
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 10 days ago on Monster
Community College of Allegheny County - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posted 2 days ago on Resume-Library