Posted 2 years ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Librarian, Part-time
LOCATION: Downtown & Business Branch
POSTING DATE: March 19, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131045
Job Summary: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is seeking a librarian to join a dynamic team providing general and business reference services in a busy library serving a diverse clientele in downtown Pittsburgh.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing high quality customer service, including reference and reader’s advisory;
• Working public service desks, assisting customers with computer use, answering reference questions in person and on the phone;
• Planning, promoting and implementing library programs to meet the needs of a diverse customer base.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school is required;
• Strong leadership skills along with a solid knowledge and an innovative vision of library services;
• Experience creating and implementing library programs;
• Experience with general and business databases and reference work is preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, and a strong commitment to teamwork, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Commitment to providing high quality customer service in accordance with CLP’s philosophy and guidelines;
• Competent using new and existing electronic resources and devices, including e-readers; internet searches, and Microsoft Office.
Work Hours: 10 hours per week, weekdays and Saturdays as needed.
Salary: $19.49 per hour
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online by March 30, 2013
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse librarian jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: