POSITION TITLE: Manager, Facilities
LOCATION: Main (Oakland)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131012
Job Summary: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is seeking an experienced facilities professional with a solid understanding of facilities operations and building systems to serve as Facilities Manager for the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning, supervising, implementing, and evaluating all Library related facilities services including maintenance, custodial, and security;
• Managing and responding to work order requests through the point of resolution, performing frequent visits to all locations to ensure that they are properly maintained, responding to incidents and emergencies as needed during working and non-working hours, and executing service contracts;
• Analyzing building data, forecasting future needs, solving problems and communicating with facility occupants.
• Develop and maintain effective channels of communication within all CLP departments, especially public service staff, and outside service providers, to increase workplace efficiency and effectiveness.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Solid understanding of facilities operations and all buildings systems (HVAC, fire protection, and life safety systems);
• Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings;
• Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication and project management skills;
• Experience in preparing requests for proposals, obtaining bids and executing service contracts;
• Ability to develop, monitor and work within a fixed annual operating budget;
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook;
• Valid PA driver’s license;
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field;
• FMA certification preferred;
• Five years of progressive facility supervisory experience, related to the above description;
• Proven experience working with a security and custodial staff, contractors, subcontractors, and facilities related service vendors.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; evenings and weekends are possible
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
About Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh:
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.