Posted 1 year ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Custodian, Part-time
POSTING DATE: May 8, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131048
Job Summary: Performs a variety of routine custodial duties normally performed at a large public facility including trash removal; cleaning of public areas such as hallways, offices, meeting rooms and restrooms; set up and removal of tables and chairs for special events; trash removal and general grounds keeping.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Keeping the internal and external appearance of the library clean and presentable to the public; including floor and rug care such as mopping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming and shampooing rugs;
• Cleaning light fixtures, baseboard, windows, door frames and dust surfaces; gathering and removing trash;
• Sanitizing sinks and toilets in restrooms;
• Assisting in the performance of cutting grass and shrubbery, removing exterior debris, mulching, weeding, cleaning sidewalks and removing snow.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Able to do significant lifting, standing, climbing ladders, walking, pushing and pulling;
• Capable of using of cleaning solutions and powered equipment safely;
• High School Diploma or GED preferred;
• Valid Driver’s license also preferred.
Work Hours: 20 – 25 hours per week; must be flexible to work days, evenings and weekends as assigned.
Salary: $10.75 per hour
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online by June 2nd
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse custodian jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: