Posted 1 year ago in Nonprofit & Fund
POSITION TITLE: Clerical Specialist, Full-time
POSTING DATE: May 28, 2013
REQUISITION NUMBER: 131063
Job Summary: Seeking a highly motivate, organized and cooperative individual to oversee all clerical functions of the Brookline Branch.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees all aspects of clerical duties, including planning and directing the work of others;
• Processes new material;
• Compiles, tabulates and reports monthly statistics;
• Greets customers and provides basic reference and readers’ advisory service to all age levels in the library and on the phone;
• Checks material in/out, register customers for library cards, collects fines and fees;
• Provides basic computer instruction and assistance to the public PC users;
• Prepares weekly, monthly and year-end financial deposits;
• Supervises Page and serves as clerical support for branch staff.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• The ability to provide superior internal and external customer service commitment and skills to a diverse public & staff; applying a system and consortium-wide perspective;
• Ability to learn and apply CLP’s policies and procedures;
• Strong technical skills, including the use of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Physical ability to lift at least 25 pounds, push heavy book trucks, reach, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time;
• Three years of customer service experience; prior library or public service experience preferred;
• High school diploma or equivalent required; PA Child Abuse History Clearance is required.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week as assigned
Salary: $11.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by June 7th
Established as a public trust in 1895, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh serves the citizens of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County with a distinguished history of leadership among the country's great public libraries. Through its 19 neighborhood locations, including Main Library and the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the region's most visited asset, with 2.6 million visitors in 2008. Each year the Library provides valuable resources, programs, classes and training opportunities that engage the community in literacy, and life-long learning.
Browse clerical specialist jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: