The EHS Manager is responsible for Safety and Environmental programs and compliance within all government regulations. This position must be familiar with all government regulations pertaining to Environmental and Safety regulations and good industry practice. This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. They must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of Workers' Compensation program.
- Maintain OSHA 300 log.
- Ensure safety/environmental compliance for OSHA, RCRA, TSCA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act, Air Pollution Control, NPDES, CFC, and EPCRA, etc.
- Conduct facility audits for compliance with company and governmental regulations.
- Conducts accident investigations and incident analysis to determine underlying causes and develop recommendations.
- Responsible for Hazard Communication and maintaining MSDS's.
- Develop, implement, and implement safety management systems which will reduce incidents and raise safety awareness.
- Reviews and maintains daily activity reports for compliance with rules and regulations pertaining to daily operations
- Responsible for environmental permitting and reporting as required by Federal and State regulations.
- Develops and implements proper procedures for special situations and activities
- Responsible for making recommendations for compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Develops, implements, and maintains regulatory compliance policies
- Develops and maintains Emergency Action Plan, Emergency Preparedness Training, and conducts periodic audits of emergency equipment and fire suppression systems.
- Conduct Emergency Evacuation Drills.
- Escorts representatives from Federal, State, and Local agencies conducting audits of the facility.
- Research, plan, organize, and conduct training programs, seminars, and conferences for plant personnel as related to safety and environmental topics
- Maintain training documents for record keeping and ISO compliance requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health & Safety, Environmental Management or the equivalent fields
- Broad knowledge of safety and environmental laws and practices.
- Three to five years experience in Safety and/or Environmental Management.
- ASP or CSP certification preferred
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of safety administration
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement in an organization
- Experience in developing high-performance teams
- Practical knowledge of leading edge lean/six sigma strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with and manage multiple projects
Personal Trait Profile:
- Experience in the administration of government mandated reporting of safety and environmental programs.
- Ability to utilize computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including data entry, database management, and proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
- Ability to practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management to increase awareness of safety and environmental responsibilities
- Ability to reach above shoulders, squat, bend, and kneel occasionally
- Visual acuity up to five feet
- Ability to walk up to 1000 feet regularly
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
About Carlisle Transportation Products:
Carlisle Transportation Products (CTP), is a diversified global manufacturing company serving the specialty tire and wheel as well as industrial belts segments.
CTP manufactures the most comprehensive line of specialty tires, wheels, and belts available in the marketplace. Our expertise in niche markets such as lawn and garden, trailer, all terrain vehicles (ATVs), belts and aftermarket styled steel wheels have propelled us into market leadership positions. Our strong brand recognition is synonymous with quality, performance, aesthetics and value. New product introductions have led to significant growth in the ATV, construction, agriculture and replacement markets. We operate over twelve (12) manufacturing, distribution and office facilities in North America with an increasing sales and distribution presence in Asia Pacific and Europe.
Additional information is available at http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com