Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Operations Manager Jobs in Clinton, TN
The position reports to the Vice President of Research and Development. The position requires high energy, forward thinking, the ability to adapt to different environments, the ability to establish trust throughout the organization, and a strong commitment to help the organization exceed expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross functional Black Belt projects, improving business processes ranging from manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, commercial operations/sales to repairs and services.
- Utilize D.M.A.I.C. process to lead, manage and execute six sigma projects
- Facilitate 2-5 day rapid process improvement workouts targeting specific improvement opportunities in the business.
- Educate, coach, and mentor Green Belts on Lean Six Sigma tools, methodology and application.
- Influence cultural changes across the business and support deployment of the Six Sigma program.
- Communicate teams' progress to Business Leaders, and other project team members
- Identify further potential process improvement projects.
- Establish metrics/targets and track financial performance validated by Finance.
- 5 to 7 years previous experience/proven track record in successfully delivering Six Sigma Black Belt level projects.
- Experience of mentoring Green and Black Belts in the successful execution of their projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a manufacturing/engineering business.
- Black Belt Certified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work with and motivate teams throughout the change process.
- Strong Organizational, Analytic, and problem solving skills.
- Project Management Experience - Demonstrated ability to get teams and individuals to take action, without direct authority over them.
- Up to 50% travel
- High level of enthusiasm and energy / Ability to multi task
- A commitment to continuous learning
- Extensive knowledge and use of advanced statistical tools for process measuring, analysis, and control
- Communication – Clearly expresses ideas. Readily shares appropriate work-related information. Uses clear and appropriate language in writing. Verbally conveys information in a clear and accurate manner in a variety of situations. Where applicable, produces and delivers formal presentations.
- Productivity – Consistently produces accurate work. Consistently produces the designed volume of work based on department priorities. Consistently produces work in a timely manner. Sets own priorities, regularly completing work on schedule. Utilizes appropriate resources in order to maximize results.
- Customer Focus – Establishes and maintains good working relationship with internal and external customers by understanding and responding promptly and courteously to customer needs and expectations.
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Development of Staff - Develops necessary skills in employees and maximizes existing skills in all employees.
- Interpersonal relations – Builds a productive rapport with employees at all levels within and outside the department.
- Dependability - Consistently adheres to set work schedule.
- Performance Management - Provides employees & departments with performance standards, expectations, and on-going feedback regarding performance. Constructively addresses performance problems in accordance to company policies and procedures.
About Carlisle Transportation Products:
Carlisle Transportation Products (CTP), is a diversified global manufacturing company serving the specialty tire and wheel as well as industrial belts segments.
CTP manufactures the most comprehensive line of specialty tires, wheels, and belts available in the marketplace. Our expertise in niche markets such as lawn and garden, trailer, all terrain vehicles (ATVs), belts and aftermarket styled steel wheels have propelled us into market leadership positions. Our strong brand recognition is synonymous with quality, performance, aesthetics and value. New product introductions have led to significant growth in the ATV, construction, agriculture and replacement markets. We operate over twelve (12) manufacturing, distribution and office facilities in North America with an increasing sales and distribution presence in Asia Pacific and Europe.
Additional information is available at http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Operations Manager jobs in Clinton, Tennessee: