$58,000 to $64,000 Annually
Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Vision
Our exclusive client is a worldwide leader providing innovative pressure and level transmitters. Due to growth, they need to add an additional Senior Buyer to their collaborative team. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, this person will be responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with our client's needs for indirect materials and services.
5+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Ensures products and services are purchased competitively
- Negotiates with suppliers establishing price, delivery, quantity, payment, scope of work, change orders; researches sources of supply
- Ensures that the supplier can deliver the desired goods or services on time, in the correct quantities, and without sacrificing quality
- Considers price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise
- Acts as a vendor contact for developing and continuing existing vendor relationships
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Maintain and track supplier performances; conduct supplier surveillance and audits
- Sources and integrates new vendors and value added solutions
- Resolve problems relative to purchasing actions such as disputes and vendor non- conformance
- Assigns specific commodities and responsibilities for inventory levels
- Adjust reorder points of material based on lead times, forecast and historical information to support sales
- Acts as the liaison between Engineering and vendors to facilitate the development of Viatran products.
- Releases, reschedules, or cancels purchase orders so that corporate inventory goals can be maintained
- Looks for new opportunities and pursues cost reduction strategies to support cost savings initiatives
- Uses independent judgment as to the quality of commodities based upon factors other than price; organizes schedules and expedites orders and communicates order status effectively with vendors and inside departments
- Enters all pertinent vendor and purchase order information into the computer system
- Maintains accurate files of purchase orders, vendors and vendor performance
- Active participation in team-based culture and Lean Enterprise initiatives, including 6S program and offer valuable input to better improve process
- Maintain ISO department compliance
About Career Reform:
Join Career Reform
The days of working at one place for your entire career are long gone, and the most successful people now approach their professional situation like nimble, intelligent business owners.
Hiring employers value and appreciate a candidate that takes their career seriously. Make that candidate you.