$70,000 to $85,000 Annually
Are you ready to leave your day to day "pressure cooker" company and come work with a growing innovative world class manufacturing organization? This opportunity allows you to use your leadership skills to advance change and lean best practices. You will work shoulder to shoulder with the VP of Operations to solve real issues that are stopping the growth of the company and providing superior customer service.
This impact performer will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and performance specifications. Also responsible for collaborating with other departments to develop production processes necessary to continuously provide on time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and directly supervises the daily operations of the production area which includes assembly, test, manufacturing engineering, and equipment maintenance
- Ensures that product is being built to specifications
- Coordinates the manufacturing engineering team resources to support production demands
- Develops annual operating plan and capital requirements
- Act as project manager of all capital projects
- Creates and control production budgets
- Manages production schedules in terms of timing and daily capacity to support on time shipments
- Conducts performance evaluations, administers appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary and provides recognition for individual achievements
- Creates and modifies work instructions and procedures when necessary
- Assists production operators in job setups and troubleshooting including the creation of necessary tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Focuses on measures to improve safety, efficiencies, yields, and profitability
- Verifies and conducts pre-production run approvals and sign-offs
- Active participation in team-based culture and LEAN initiatives, including 6S program and offer valuable input to better improve process
- Ability to use LEAN tools to implement process improvements
- Manage ISO compliance in the production area
- Recommends production service solutions to better meet customer needs
- Observes safety procedures, rules, regulations, and state, federal and local laws in the performance of job duties
- Ensure punctual, reliable and acceptable attendance
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with electronics, controls, valves, and instrumentation
- Proven track record of managing Manufacturing Engineers
- Familiarity with the integration of mechanical and electrical systems used in production environments..
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing
- Must possess computer skills with experience in MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to deal effectively with conflict in a mature and consistent manner and process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent communication skills- written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and employ effective time management skills
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude, math skills, the ability to read prints and knowledge of production processes
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance combined with problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
About Career Reform:
Join Career Reform
The days of working at one place for your entire career are long gone, and the most successful people now approach their professional situation like nimble, intelligent business owners.
Hiring employers value and appreciate a candidate that takes their career seriously. Make that candidate you.