International Tier 1 automotive manufacturing group with global sales over $4 billion is seeking a Materials Manager for operations near Wilson, NC.
The Materials Manager, directs all production control, shipping and receiving, and customer service activities to include but not limited to analysis of customer requirements, customer service and satisfaction, procurement of materials, optimization of inventory investments and freight costs, computer systems development and personnel development. Primary duties include:
· Procurement of materials, optimization of inventory, materials and freight costs.
· Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
· Develops manufacturing plans and schedules to meet customer demands.
· Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
· Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
· Ensure coordination of warehouse activities with those of other functions such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
· Responsible for compliance with all laws that pertain to proper transportation of hazardous materials and disposal of these materials.
· Responsible for department personnel safety and plant protection activities in the particular areas of docks, stockroom, and yard.
· Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) REQUIRED
· 7-10 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
· Prior experience in a supervisory role
· Must have experience with MRP systems (SAP, Oracle, Fishbowl, ECI…)
· Prior professional experience in production control and materials management is required.