Automotive OEM/Tier 1 manufacturing group is seeking a Customer Quality Engineer for operations near Farmington Hills, MI.
Entry level position (0-2 years experience). December 2012 or May 2013 graduates with an Engineering degree are encouraged to apply.
Engineering related degree REQUIRED
Customer Quality Engineer
Responsible for quality assurance activities related to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) customers; act as a liaison between customers, plants and affiliate personnel in handling daily commercial issues. Prepares and delivers complex technical reports and presentations. Develops, understands, and reports customer warranty data.
· Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external customers to address and resolve daily issues, gather information, focus on customer and competitor trends, relate pertinent information back to management.
· Provide proactive customer service, liaison and representation for quality matters.
· Analyze actual and potential problems (process and product) and provide assistance to determine solutions and prevent deficiencies.
· Correspond/interface and negotiate as necessary with concerned parties (including factory and customer) regarding quality issues/concerns and follow to closure.
· Coordinate containment activities, prevent suspect/defective product from reaching customers.
· Maintains program timing and related activities including design changes, build out of vehicle, part number changes, obsolescence claims and packaging approvals.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related discipline REQUIRED
· 0-3 years’ experience.
· Strong co-op/intern experience in a manufacturing field
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Competitive and aggressive individual.
· Written, verbal, and cross-cultural communication.
· Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office programs.