International Tier 1 manufacturing group is seeking an Applications/Sales Engineer located near Farmington Hills, MI.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering Related discipline REQUIRED (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
· Act as a liaison between customers, engineering, and production facilities and manages application engineering projects.
· Functions as contact person for customer engineers.
· Performs and/or reviews product planning, testing and analysis activities.
· Develops, understand and reports customer warranty data.
· Identifies future business opportunities and potential risks. Investigates competitor products.
· Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external customers to address and resolve daily issues, gather information, focus on customer and competitor trends, relate pertinent information back to management.
· Assists in cost analysis, tracking and coordination activities as required.
· Supports business expansion activities; assists in the development of customer and product based strategies for specific products/commodities
· Assists in development and execution of sales and engineering plans.
· Assists in the compilation, preparation, review, and submission of request for quotation (RFQ) materials and related information.
· Assists in negotiating internally and externally regarding pricing, costs and timing.
· Coordinates pre-production activities including processing orders, quoting pricing, developing new product schedules, coordinating tooling, ensuring part readiness, etc.
· Maintains program timing and related activities including design changes, build out of vehicle, part number changes, obsolescence claims and packaging approvals.
· Facilitates PPAP schedule and ensures launch preparedness by managing design changes and ensuring plants meet delivery targets according to customer requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering REQUIRED
· 3-8 years’ experience
· Strong communication skills (both written and oral)