Sr. Accountant(s) - GAAP / Technical Accounting
We are looking for experienced and exceptionally talented individuals to fill critical positions in succession oriented environments. These are significant career opportunities for those who want to take advantage of having an enterprise view and access to various disciplines including (SEC reporting, Treasury, Revenue Recognition, Enterprise Planning, Capital Structure, Risk Management).
Applicants interested in joining a team of professionals in a world-class finance organization are encouraged to apply for the following key position(s):
The Sr. Accountant, GAAP & Technical Accounting plays a critical role in ensuring proper accounting for complex transactions subject to highly technical and specialized accounting guidance. This position reports within the company's corporate controlling group.
This position provides a unique opportunity to become an integral part of the GAAP & Technical Accounting and External Reporting team. A successful candidate will function as a key liaison to the operational finance teams in the world:wide business markets, all corporate finance departments (including tax, treasury, planning and corporate consolidations), as well as the external auditors.
This position requires technical competence regarding U.S. GAAP accounting and SEC filings. The successful candidate will assist with the coordination and preparation of quarterly and annual financial information in accordance with U.S. GAAP, the drafting of disclosures contained in quarterly and annual filings, perform reconciliations of financial disclosure information, conduct technical research to address accounting and reporting issues, and assist in drafting technical accounting policies.EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
- BA/BS/BSBA/MS degree in Accounting or related field; MBA/CPA not required but highly preferred
- A minimum of 4 years accounting experience, including 2 years in a public accounting firm
- An excellent understanding of US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Working knowledge of authoritative GAAP technical accounting research and application
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Unquestioned personal integrity