This R&D position is responsible to provide company wide support and product expertise for Beckhoff Automation TwinCAT industrial Automation software platform products and surrounding technologies. This position leads the advancement of an increasingly significant Controls Engineering presence within CMC by creating a strategic culture for positive, collaborative relationships between Engineering our Employees, Customers, and Suppliers with a servant hearted oversight and expansion of our company values.
Essential Job Duties
· Provide first-line support for Beckhoff Automation products
· Implement and Support industrial automation control systems for Tufting machinery.
· Diagnose and solve customers’ motion control challenges using troubleshooting tools and techniques.
· Diagnose and solve problems for colleagues and end users.
· Provide end user training one on one, creating knowledge base articles.
· Influence a team first, servant hearted attitude throughout the department and company, combined with respect for the Company Mission, Vision, and Values.
· Understand and contribute to accomplishment of Company Strategic and Tactical objectives.
· Lead, guide, and support the development and accomplishment of Department Strategic and Tactical objectives to be aligned with Company levels plans.
· Develop new employee talent by participating in recruiting, interviewing and hiring.
· Coach employees in professional development including group and individual seminars, training and continuous education, as well as administering performance feedback and corrective discipline if necessary
· Provide Engineering technical support to company, customers, and suppliers.
· Ensure consistency in engineering design / documentation for incremental product improvements.
· Lead and participate in companywide Continuous Improvement efforts aimed at the performance standard of zero defects utilizing Lean techniques and philosophies.
· Champion Quality, Safety, and Technical advancements from an Engineering perspective in route to Continuous Process and Product Improvements.
· Lead departmental efforts to define and initiate meaningful metrics as well as oversee the ongoing maintenance and reporting of those measures.
· Facilitate compliance with CSA, OSHA, and CE regulations.
· TwinCAT PLC/Motion, TwinCAT HMI, (Multi) Touch Design, Ladder Logic and Structured Text.
· Basic HMI Skills – Must understand how to tie HMI links to Controller Variables, Can Farm out advanced
·programming languages, Siemens – Step 7 Programmer, CODESYS – IEC 61131-3 PLC programmer, Eaton XC100 & XC200 Controllers, Wago CoDeSys V3
· Understanding of PLC, Motion, Coupling Axes, CAM Tables, Comms, TCP/IP, EtherCAT, CANOpen, OPC-UA
· Collaborates on Mechanical and Electrical engineering and design
· Skilled at project management
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office- Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Project
· BS Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering or related, 2-5 years’ experience.
· Previous technical training with Industrial Automation Tools and/or Beckhoff Automation products experience.
The ability to impact and influence business decisions
Flexibility and adaptability
An effective business partner / team player
Comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
This position may require visiting customers and could be exposed to the manufacturing areas, manufacturing equipment, industrial equipment, active machinery, and high voltage equipment; which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection; and/or require extensive periods of standing.
Card-Monroe Corp. is the premier manufacturer of tufting machinery for the carpet, rug and artificial turf industry throughout the world. We are seeking qualified individuals to join our New Product Development team. This position is full time with excellent paid benefits. Please visit our website for more information - www.cardmonroe.com
Company address: 4841 Adams Road Hixson, TN 37343
Posted date: 13 days ago