The Job Window
is looking to hire an Assistant Event Sales Coordinator
to join our client’s outstanding marketing and consulting firm located in Ottawa
. The position is a full-time
role with the potential for future growth opportunities and our client offers competitive compensation including an hourly base salary, travel allowances, and bonuses
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, establishing and maintaining strong consumer relations, event staffing/scheduling,
cultivating increased event sales and revenues, effectively controlling expenses and inventory, and coordinating the day to day functions of the event sales operations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ASSISTANT EVENT SALES COORDINATOR:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE ASSISTANT EVENT SALES COORDINATOR:
- Effectively manage visual displays and prepare retail event space including setting up event kiosks and arranging marketing materials and displays.
- Maximize profitability and brand visibility at all events by communicating with retail consumers and providing customers with thorough product information.
- Increase retail event sales by ensuring that guests receive outstanding hospitality.
- Develop a friendly and inviting event environment by tending to customer requests and resolving customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Monitor sales performance as well as customer satisfaction metrics; and identify variances and report trends to senior management.
- Review marketing materials and resources, and recommend changes to senior management.
- Assist in the selection of event staff; train and monitor staff performance in operational standards and policies.
- Inspect facilities for cleanliness, working condition, and set up; rectify deficiencies with appropriate staff, as needed.
Physical Aspects of the Assistant Event Sales Coordinator Position (include but not limited to):
- High School diploma or GED; college degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of point of sale and/or management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of banquet business practices, including sales, marketing, security, safety, budgeting, quality controls and event planning an asset.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (proficiency test required); ability to use standard office equipment and type proficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are critical skill sets.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Fluency in English required; Spanish or French bilingualism a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as constantly walking and standing during events; occasionally walking up and down stairs and ladders; lifting, moving, and carrying (up to 25 pounds occasionally) objects; talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, typing on a keyboard, and repetitive motions. Frequent sitting (at a desk), kneeling, pushing, reaching, pulling, grasping, and adjusting furniture and room arrangements.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time, permanent role and our client offers a competitive hourly base plus performance bonuses. Apply today!
All Jobs at Capital Roadshows
Posted 26 days ago