$12 to $17 Hourly
Why Work Here?
“Great place to work. A lot of opportunity!”
We are seeking a Maintenance Of Traffice Supervisor to become a part of our team!
Skilled Laborer to assist in coordinating traffic control & signalization during construction activities. Position involves installing and repairing traffic signals, erecting signs and devices including traffic islands and barriers.
- Supervises and maintains traffic within the limits of the project/projects for the duration of the construction period.
- Construct and maintain detours, whether full detours diverting public travels outside the project limits or half detours such as lane closures using flagging operations and/or pilot vehicle.
- Provide facility access for residences, businesses, etc., within the project at all times while maintaining standard index requirements.
- Orders project MOT devices from vendor and coordinates/installs prior to work commencement.
- Maintains traffic control and safety devices during construction of multiple activities, including operations that shift areas throughout the work period.
- Provides and other special requirements for safe and expeditious movement of traffic specified on the plans.
- Must be capable of reading design drawings and know FDOT designs standards for proper device locations.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record High School education/GED, or equivalent education
- Must be able to repetively lift up to 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel and be capable of passing required physical examinationKnowledge of basic tools and their uses, basic mathematical and measurement skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- One year of verifiable work experience in Heavy Highway ConstructionAt least 1 year experience with asphalt
- Maintain reliable attendance, meeting company standards, and maintain a positive attitude.
- MOT Flagger Certification required.
- Previous experience in maintenance of traffic or asphalt construction
- Familiarity with hand-held tools and equipment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle physical workload
About Capital Asphalt, Inc.:
Capital Asphalt, Inc. is a family owned and operated business based in Tallahassee, FL since 1980. We take great pride in the quality of our work and the relationships we develop. We specialize in paving, earth work, heavy highway construction, concrete and drainage construction. Our main customer base is municipal, state and private clients.
1330 Capital Circle NE, Tallahassee, FL 32308
8 months ago