“Great place to work. A lot of opportunity!”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· General laborer duties associated with asphalt paving, patching or prep crews.
· Required ability to shovel, rake and handle other small tools.
· Equipment cleanup as needed.
· Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
· Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including heat, wind, rain, and dusty environments.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Must have strong work ethic
· Ability to work in a team setting
· Communication skills; Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and the general public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
Experience preferred but not required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license
Capital Asphalt, Inc. is a family owned and operated business based in Tallahassee, FL since 1980. We take great pride in the quality of our work and the relationships we develop. We specialize in paving, earth work, heavy highway construction, concrete and drainage construction. Our main customer base is municipal, state and private clients.