CalWest's client school, Pilgrim School, is seeking a thoughtful, experienced, and skilled educator to join our STEM Department in teaching Middle School Mathematics. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a highly collaborative team of educators with a focus on innovation in teaching and learning. For the 2020-21 Academic Year, this position would focus on 6th grade math, and would have some other opportunities to teach electives or explorations. Pilgrim School teachers are involved in all aspects of student life and are expected to be active members of our community.
Essential Qualities and Qualifications:
• Must love kids, especially middle school students!
• Demonstrated success in the design of interactive and inquiry-based Mathematics lessons, units, and assessments to ensure that all students can access and excel in the curriculum.
• Demonstrated ability to give strong feedback to students and parents about student learning.
• Strong desire for sustained professional learning in the teaching and learning of mathematics, and mastery-based (or standards-based) learning.
• Highly collaborative spirit and willingness to be a part of a team-oriented approach to learning across the school.
• Experience in mastery-based or standards-based grading and assessment methodologies is highly desired. We are a fully mastery-based school, so if the candidate does not have experience, they must be willing to learn.
• Experience in teaching middle school level mathematics is preferred.
• Experience and interest in related STEM areas, including science, robotics, engineering, or coding is helpful not required.
• Single subject teaching credential in mathematics, and/or a Master’s degree in mathematics education are preferred.
Mission Statement and Values
The mission of Pilgrim School is to nurture the mind, spirit, and moral awareness of our students.
To be fully considered for this and all current and anticipated openings, we encourage you to upload your cover letter and resume to our website here: https://calwestlogin.com/apply (Current CalWest candidates need not apply here. Please email us at mysearch@CalWestEducators.com)
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
About CalWest Educators Placement:
With team members nationwide, CalWest specializes in the placement of educators and school leaders throughout the western region of the United States. Over the years, we have excelled in building meaningful relationships with candidates and becoming trusted advisors to the independent school community. By partnering with us, you will experience the degree of time, energy, and personal involvement that we devote to each search.