Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Communications Manager Jobs in Oakland, CA
Food Sourcing and Communications Manager-CA Food Bank
California Association of Food Banks (CAFB) is a membership organization of 41 member food banks from every part of California with a mission to create a well-nourished California, and a commitment to cutting-edge leadership in the anti-hunger community. Farm to Family is a unique cooperative program among food banks, growers, packers, and CAFB, designed to deliver fresh produce to food banks for distribution to people in need. The program provided approximately 130 million pounds in 2012, and is slated to continue its strong growth in the future.
CAFB is now seeking a visionary leader with significant business development experience to join our growing team and shepherd the program through this growth for both in-state and out-of-state markets. For more information please visit our website at www.cafoodbanks.org.
- Supervise the work of the Food Sourcing Team to obtain the greatest possible quantity and variety of free and low-cost produce for food banks
- Manage the Food Sourcing Team to enhance relationships with growers and packers through goal setting, joint solicitations and contact follow-up
- Work directly with growers and packers as appropriate to solicit donations and negotiate the lowest possible costs ensuring a steady flow and variety of produce
- Develop strong working relationships with member food banks, and provide information and technical assistance as needed
- Develop and help manage partner relationships with the CDFA Board, Feeding America, produce trade associations, Farm Bureaus and other agriculturalorganizations.
- Participate and provide support with various CAFB committees
- Develop out-of-state distribution by working with non-member food banks in the Western Region and with Feeding America, co-manage related product offerings and shipments.
- Proactively communicate with membership in regard to supply constraints and pricing to assist in their planning and supply management
- Maintain and expand product and agricultural system knowledge, and create opportunities to impart knowledge to membership and relevant staff
- Create, manage and promote annual marketing and strategic outreach plan for the program
- Work closely with Farm to Family Operations Manager to proactively ensure any supply, transportation, cost, logistical or quality issues are addressed immediately, and to advise and train
- Support Director of Finance & Operations in annual planning, goal attainment, and program development
- Communicate clearly and professionally with food banks, suppliers, staff and partners
- Work effectively as part of the Farm to Family team
- Coordinate product forecasting
- Assist in grant management as appropriate
- Support Director of Finance and Operations as needed
- Knowledge of food warehousing and transportation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in high volume, time critical processing environment
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work at a detailed level to further "big picture" goals
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of time on job
- Commitment to CAFB's mission
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strategic thinking with advanced organization and management skills
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Positive, professional oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
About California Food Banks:
The California Association of Food Banks (CAFB) was founded in 1995 to promote collaboration in response to emerging social, economic and legislative challenges impacting hungry people throughout California.
To accomplish our mission, we focus on providing support to our membership of 41 food banks, increasing the visibility of hunger and its solutions, sharing food resources and influencing public policy. CAFB develops and advocates positions at the federal, state, and local level on behalf of our member agencies and the low-income people they serve.
As concerns surrounding access to affordable, healthy food in Californias low-income communities are increasing, Californias food banks are changing to meet these challenges. CAFB is providing leadership and coordination to catalyze these changes, capture the best approaches, and replicate success. Many California food banks are already at the forefront of a new direction in food banking. This approach focuses on increasing low-income peoples access not just to food, but to healthy food. Click here to learn more about food banks.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Communications Manager jobs in Oakland, California:
Five Point Communities in San Francisco, CA
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Junior Communications Manager
The Job Window in Hayward, CA
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates in San Francisco, CA
Posted 10 hours ago on ZipRecruiter