Cake Marketing is looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented and passionate QA Engineer to join the rapidly expanding technology team. The role will work closely with the developers to help build, test and deploy new and existing features for Cake’s flagship SaaS marketing platform.Specifically…
• Work closely with both development and QA teams to help create and execute test plans throughout the application development process.
• Perform new feature testing within specified product release cycles.
• Execute new feature testing and regression test cases within our product release cycles.
• Identify and document software defects, functional and application user interface inconsistencies.
• Reviewing code changes associated with defects.
• Create and maintain automated tests as appropriate.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
: 5+ years of experience with web-based application testing on Microsoft platform.
• 3+ years of experience managing a support team.
• Proven experience writing test cases and documenting application defects.
• Familiarity with databases; ability to write SQL queries highly preferred.
• Have a thorough understanding of SDLC and Change Management processes.
• Communication skills: ability to communicate technical issues or project details with technical team members and report to management.
• Expertise with Excel is a must.
• Experience testing client/server applications (functional, grey box, black box)
• SQL testing experience is required.
• Proven QA track record in a high volume environment.
• Ability to work both independently and as a productive and helpful team member.
• Able to consistently work efficiently while thoroughly documenting your work.
• Comfortable working against important deadlines.
• Strong analytical and computational skills.
• Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
• Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
• Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
• Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
• Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
• Detailed oriented persona, who is very meticulous about their work.
• Above all, ethical, fair and of high integrity.
CAKE. SCALABLE, INNOVATIVE, ACCURATE. INTERESTED? CONTACT US ASAP.
• Competitive compensation + stock options + full benefits (medical/dental/vision/retirement).
• Waterfront office located in sunny Newport Beach, CA with a great work culture and energetic environment.
• Be part of a fun, fast-paced, collaborative team, building the next best marketing analytics platform in the market.