“Cable Matters is a fast-growing, market leading provider of connectivity solutions for the B2B and B2C technology markets.”
Technical Support Engineer (Consumer Electronics)
Do you enjoy exploring new consumer electronics technologies? Are you curious about how things work? If so, come join our team. You will work with like-minded individuals who share the same passion for technology. The fast-paced environment at Cable Matters will keep you interested and engaged.
Cable Matters, with headquarters in Southborough, Massachusetts, is a market-leading provider of innovative connectivity solutions for the home and office. We offer a complete line of cables, adapters, and networking products for computers and consumer electronics. Established in 2009, we currently serve markets in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Japan. We offer first-class, quality products, backed by exceptional customer service, at an affordable price.
The Technical Support Engineer performs a variety of tasks including diagnosing and documenting customer problems, responding to customer emails, generating knowledge base articles, validating sample products, and interfacing with the product development, marketing and sales teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Respond to customer questions or complaints about our products via email or on the web within the necessary timeframe
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and document technical product issues
· Test and validate samples of new products
· Produce detailed and accurate documentation for customer email templates, knowledge base articles, and more
· Research new technologies and equipment (such as USB-C and Thunderbolt 3) for compatibility with Cable Matters products
· Coordinate with team members on technical issues, technical documentation, and marketing and sales needs
· Proficiency to configure A/V adapters, cables, and docking stations with various computer and smartphone OS systems
· Knowledge of Ethernet networking protocols, SSD storage, basic electrical properties, and data transmission methods
· Familiarity with home theater system installation and components such as 4K HDMI
· Multi-tasking ability to work on several projects simultaneously
· Perform job functions efficiently with minimum supervision
· Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated ability to fulfill the above job responsibilities and required skills
· Ability to lift 25 pounds without assistance
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cable Matters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. We provide vacation leave, health and dental insurance, and a 401K plan with a 4% match. We conduct a background check as part of the hiring process
Company address: 153 Northboro Road
Other applicants: 20+
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted date: 18 days ago