Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“We like to have fun and we like to work. We like to put pipe in the ground and we like to build teams. Plus, see our benefits below!”
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Field Engineer/ Estimator in Grayson, Georgia. Take a look around our website to learn about our culture and great benefits.
What you want:
Location: Grayson, GA
Founded in 1993, C.A. Murren and Sons Company, Inc. is a family-owned contracting business who performs work in the Federal, Municipal, Industrial, and Commercial Markets. Our self-perform operations include deep foundations, shoring, underground utilities, excavation, and mass concrete. Our unique ability to manage work allows us to manage subcontractors and all aspects of heavy-civil construction. Our operations cover the Southeast region of the United States as well as select opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West.
As an Engineer you will report directly to the Project Manager. Your primary responsibilities will include contract administration; project planning and scheduling; and project reporting.
• Claiming and tracking quantities for use in project productivity and financial reporting
• Support Superintendent and Foreman with development of operational work plans and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
· Assist Superintendent and Project Manager with scheduling
• Support operations by coordinating third party survey, providing layout, and verifying installed work
• Order and schedule material deliveries
· Assist with subcontractor management
• Perform quantity take-offs
• Prepare, review, and log submittals
• Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts
• Support project team with project documentation and recordkeeping
• Prepare and verify weekly productivity reports (LHR)
• Assist in preparation of monthly cost reviews
• Participate in change order pricing
· Assist in obtaining, maintaining, and submitting as-built data
• 2+ years' construction field experience
• Undergraduate degree in civil engineering or construction management
• Ability to interpret plans and specifications
• Strong communication skills
• Self-Starter with strong time management and organizational skills
• Desire to embrace continual improvement and set personal development goals
· Ability to navigate an active construction site
We are fast paced, high energy, and constantly improving, and we've been like this since 1985. We like to build teams so that together we can build great things. We practice 30 fundamentals, which we call "The Murren Way." These fundamentals are not about perfection--its about constant improvement. Please visit www.camurren.com for more information about our company!
Posted date: 23 days ago