Life, Dental, Medical, 401K, Vision
Byte Back is seeking an Education Manager who will be responsible for managing all aspects of Byte Back’s education delivery method, curriculum, and development of instructors to ensure that our adult students have the skills necessary to find living wage employment. The Education Manager will work collaboratively with all departments in pursuit of providing world class instruction with measurable outcomes that demonstrates Byte Back’s impact. The Education Manager oversees and is directly responsible for the ongoing administration, implementation, and updates to the educational program.
About Byte Back
Byte Back is a Washington, DC area nonprofit that provides free technology education and career training to more than 700 adult students per year. The communities we serve—predominantly people of color, women, and the unemployed or underemployed—have an incredible and untapped potential to change the tech sector. We are one of the only organizations in the country to provide training at all levels, from introductory computer classes to industry-recognized certification courses. Byte Back’s innovative approach was recently recognized with $720,000 in Creator Awards from WeWork to scale into Maryland and explore national expansion.
- Oversee the course and curriculum design and content development of Byte Back’s IT education program.
- Provide instructor supervision, including the observation, evaluation and development plan for instructors and enforcement of BB policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, provide input, and help design education budget along with Program Director.
- Create and implement strategic and educational plans that meet all Byte Back’s educational goals and objectives.
- Ensure instructors deliver high quality education that stays abreast of industry demand and is pertinent based on Byte Back instructional delivery method.
- Along with Human Resources, help recruit and hire staff instructors and other educational staff as needed and approved.
- Communicate with staff, partners and stakeholders the progress of students and any concerns with the education program as needed. Maintain documentation of all contact/communication.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all instructional staff and vendors to ensure all are aware of important educational issues and activities.
- Ensure that students have identified and recognized accommodations to adequately participate in class
- Work with instructors to properly identify students who require additional instruction time and resources, and set schedule for training boot camps and additional learning opportunities.
- BA or Masters in Education or related field.
- Must have 5-7 years experience managing an educational program and/or formal classroom teaching experience of high school and/or adult learners.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a team of educators to provide exemplary instruction to students.
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic, collaborative, and a motivational leader.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others to successfully reach their goals.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Masters of Education
- Education Certification
- Entry level understanding of IT/Networking fundamentals
- Experience teaching individuals in the DC / PG County area
- Experience using CRMs (Salesforce)
Full Time / Exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Byte Back leads the nonprofit sector in offering a progressively-minded, competitive benefits package including: employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; pre-tax flexible spending, dependent care, and transit accounts; paid vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick leave; 6-weeks of paid family leave; 403(b) with 1% employer match; employer-paid life insurance; and, additional workplace subsidies and options.
Career Development: Byte Back makes a significant investment in the professional development of all employees, including access to free tech training and discounted exam vouchers for CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
About Byte Back:
Byte Back improves economic opportunity by providing computer training and career preparation to under-served Washington, DC residents. Through free computer and advanced IT certification classes, Byte Back helps graduates gain invaluable skills, experience higher rates of self-confidence, and launch successful new careers. Byte Back’s programs have provided a pathway to technology skill development and fulfilling living-wage careers for thousands of individuals in the District who have struggled with underemployment, unemployment, and poverty.
899 North Capitol Street NE Washington, DC 20002
2 months ago