Butterball Farms, Inc., a world class food manufacturer, is on a mission. The mission is to Enrich Lives. With over 50 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to give back to our employees, communities and neighbors. We are proud of the tradition of innovative partnerships to help employees and partners lead better lives. We manufacture and supply the world's premier food companies with value-added, innovative butter products. Our quality work environment gives you the tools you need to succeed. Our mission to Enrich Lives is recognized globally.
Are you looking for an innovative organization with an aggressive growth strategy? Are you looking for an innovative organization with an aggressive growth strategy? This opportunity may be what you are looking for. Butterball Farms is currently seeking a highly motivated results oriented National Account Sales Director with preferred experience in food manufacturing. If you are a National Sales Manager that has strong selling skills in hunting down leads and increasing sales margins within the food manufacturing/food service industry we are interested in speaking with you.
National Account Sales Director
LOCATION: Virtual. This position will require travel, and is a home based position.
JOB SCHEDULE: FULL-TIME benefited position.
The National Account Sales Director is responsible for the execution of the sales strategy of the organization. This position also is responsible for developing and closing new sales within an assigned set of the top foodservice accounts, generating revenue and achieving individual quota. This position requires achievement in sales goals through referrals, various forms of marketing and sales presentations that define the value of management to key decision makers and influence the buying decision while exceeding the customer’s expectations for service, knowledge and professionalism.
· Support organization by identifying and securing client and prospective client base through meetings and closing new business.
· Cold calls required and position requires a “hunter role”
· Must be able to have/perform high levels of collaboration with other corporate resources.
· Must be able to produce ongoing development of sales strategies and deploy creative methods that drive meetings/activities leading to sales opportunities and be able to close on the prospective business.
· Accurate reporting and forecasting of sales opportunities is required.
· Quarterbacking the sales cycle process including but not limited to business lead
generation, prospect qualification, analysis, proposal preparation and presentation(s), contract execution, and long term client relationships including maintaining and growing the client relationship.
- Strong ability to become a trusted advisor to prospective clients and close into new clients.
- Sales person should have and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the prospect’s decision-making process and procurement process.
- High level of communication skills, in order to keep management apprised of key developments in an account.
- Target list of buyers include but not limited to: chef, procurement, marketing, product development and sales.
- Responsible for working with our account managers, meeting with key customers and executing our sales plan relative to those customers.
- Responsible for training account representatives company products, about their customers, and about our processes.
- Responsible for introducing new products to current customers and current products to new customers.
· Responsible for continuously diversifying our customer base.
· Requirements include a deep knowledge of food service key accounts including executive level business relationships and understanding their business needs with a focus on their customers and how these customers purchase gourmet food products.
Skills and Specifications
· Ability to establish priorities for the activities of others
· Ability to solve new or unfamiliar problems
· Ability to be responsible for a number of varied activities
· Ability to develop strategic plans for an entire activity or unit
· Ability to exercise leadership in changing situations
· Ability to take responsibility for a group’s activities
· Ability to expand business into new markets
· Ability to develop friendly personal relations with others
· Ability to speak persuasively about your point of view
· Ability to provide services, support or information by telephone
· Ability to sell ideas or other intangibles
· Ability to encourage the growth and development of subordinates
· Ability to understand the problems and concerns of others
· Ability to influence the attitudes and opinions of others
· Ability to overcome objections or hostility diplomatically
· Ability to persuade others to change their opinions or attitudes
· Ability to sell a product or service
· Ability to represent the company with new groups of people
· Ability to protect the company against risk
· Ability to prepare detailed reports, financial statements, etc.
· Ability to exercise caution in making commitments
- Bachelor’s degree in related area with a minimum of 8-10 years of regional or national account sales in food service industry. Bachelor’s degree in Sales is preferred.
· Demonstrated consistent sales success with key accounts throughout sales career.
- Significant experience in the food products industries, preferably in retail, lodging segments is highly preferred and desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a requirement of this position.
- Must have the highest organizational skills and be totally self-sustained in order to effectively work remotely while traveling and or working from a home office
- Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Work Keys: National Career Readiness Certificate preferred
Send resume to email@example.com
Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer