Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago.
I. Summary of Responsibilities:
• Assists production with improving and implementing assembly processes, automation, as well as problem resolution.
• Assists Quality Management and Engineering with document preparation and review.
• Assists Customer Service with customer restoration efforts.
• Identifies, develops and implements processes and/or equipment to improve manufacturability of BTE Product
II. Primary Functions:
• Evaluate assembly processes and recommend changes to improve product reliability, reduce costs, and performance and efficiency of the production staff.
• Attend Change Order meetings and review COs for consistency as well as accuracy in the Engineering and Production documents. Implement Engineering Change Orders into the production process.
• First level of assistance to the Production staff to resolve electrical and/or mechanical issues on the production floor
• Assist Quality Management with processing supplier non-conforming material reports.
• Provide First level of assistance to suppliers and contract manufactures to resolve electrical and/or mechanical issues of BTE designed parts.
• Working with Engineering, identify errors, inconsistencies, and/or recommend changes to Engineering documents to improve BTE designed parts. Assist Engineering with design changes and improvements.
• Develop/Produce Engineering drawings & documents for all undocumented legacy parts still used in current production
• Design, implement, and manage additional in-house mechanical capabilities.
• Perform occasional field service repairs on customer premises.
• Perform occasional installations on customer premises.
• Provide training to Assemblers, Electronics Technicians, Mechanical Technicians, Customer Service Staff, Distributors, and Marquee Customers on any electrical and/or mechanical assemblies.
• Maintain compliance for production equipment requiring calibration.
• Assemble, test, and inspect new products released from Engineering.
• Develop “BTE Processes” for suppliers to perform for all BTE products. Schedule routine visits and inspections to each supplier to manage the suppliers and ensuring that the parts they MFG for BTE are adhering to our processes.
III. Secondary Functions:
• Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
• Insures departmental tools and equipment are maintained and pose no safety hazards.
• Assist with training programs for the Operations department
• Performs other duties as directed by the Operations Manager
IV. Job Specifications:
• Above average communication skills with an emphasis on effective technical and business written communications skills
• Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office products and CAD.
• Experience in developing assembly work instructions.
• Ability to identify priorities and multitask with various BTE departments.
V. Educational/Experience Requirements:
• AA Degree, Bachelors of Engineering Preferred and/or equivalent years of experience
• 2 Years of Experience
VI. Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
The incumbent in this position works in a warehouse/production office environment. The incumbent in this position will utilize the following equipment and shall have the following physical demands:
Physical Demands - Usage of equipment and light lifting (up to 50 lbs.) to utilize and maintain equipment.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
With offices in the US and Canada, and a worldwide distributor base, BTE has been at the forefront of technology-assisted rehabilitation and physical abilities testing for over 30 years. BTE’s Workforce Solutions provides employers with superior processes and technology to enable employers to optimize productivity, through lower absenteeism/turnover, improved safety, reduced injuries and claims costs, and measurably increased performance. Our onsite health services are a key driver for client success and ROI.
These positions are located in an outstanding onsite setting of a leading worldwide company with a team of physicians, assistants, athletic trainers, clinicians, and case coordinators that provide preventive, acute and emergency medical services to help reduce and treat injuries and illness in the workplace.
Join our passionate, diverse group of talented professionals as we continue to reach new markets with industry leading healthcare products and services.
Comprehensive benefits package including Company 401K match.
Company address: 7455 New Ridge Road
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Production Engineer jobs in Hanover MD USA: