Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago.
Job Title: LPN, Paramedic
Job Location: York, PA
Job Summary: This is a PRN position. Filling in for vacations, call-off’s and high demand times.
The Lifestyle Center is an on-site Occupational Health setting utilizing a multidisciplinary approach through Medical, Rehab and Fitness programs providing Occupational Health and Wellness to employees and contractors. The LPN/Paramedic will be responsible for assessing and treating any illnesses or injury and making appropriate decision for care and treatment operating within your scope of practice. This role will work closely with other disciplines to ensure appropriate care, i.e. Case Manager, Athletic Trainers, Fitness Trainers, EAP internal and external stakeholders. This role will also perform audiograms, drug and alcohol testing, flu vaccines, biometrics, post offer physicals, and if appropriate, travel medicine.
- Uses training and skills to evaluate patient needs, and coordinate the assessment, treatment, and return to work processes with the employee, providers, and employer.
- Conducts medical assessments through physical assessment, patient medical history and vital signs.
- Assesses the coordination and access to needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, EAP, prevention, return to work and other services essential for meeting the health needs of the individual
- Works with individual to assess and educate on their medical condition
- Administers medication and medical treatment competently as directed by the Standing Orders and Lifestyle Center Guidelines
- Provides care during emergency situations for occupational and non-occupational injuries/illnesses.
- May perform duties telephonically
- Responsible for detailed documentation of individual injuries and illness that occur in the workplace and provides summaries to health care team to ensure consistency of care
- Performs occupational and health screening such as annual vaccinations, audiograms, drug & alcohol testing, biometrics, medical questionnaires
- Administrative functions to include but not limited to; software data entry, telecommunications, emails, submission of individual notifications, clinical documentation and reporting, scheduling, follow ups, coordinate and facilitate pre-visit paperwork and consent forms
- Additional job tasks may include cross training to assist with programs specific to Lifestyle Center.
- Adheres to all appropriate privacy, security, and confidentiality policies and procedures. Compliance with and detailed understanding of HIPAA and Patient Privacy Act
- Adheres to licensure and professional scope of practice. Provides treatment within scope of practice
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment. Adhere to infection-control protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing or Paramedic Training Program
- Current Licensure in state of practice
- Possess active licensure with no disciplinary actions within past 5 years
- Active certification BLS or ACLS if required
- Computer skills required with working knowledge of standard office suite software
- 2-4 years clinical experience highly preferred, with one year in occupational setting
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- CAOHC training a plus
- Certified UDS/BAT collector a plus
- Knowledgeable of workplace safety and health and OSHA regulations a plus
- Able to competently conduct head to toe physical exams and vital signs
- Able to competently provide treatment and medication according to Guidelines and Scope of Practice
- Able to competently give injections and draw blood per scope of practice
- Able to competently perform audiograms and perform urine drug screens/blood alcohol testing
Work Environment: On-site clinic in an industrial setting. Steel Toed Safety Shoes required. Hearing Protection may be required depending upon site. Safety Glasses required.
Understanding of Anatomy and Physiology/Medical Terminology
Frequent standing, walking, sitting
Frequent pinching, gripping and grasping
Reaching with hands/arms – floor to overhead
Able to lift 35 lbs. or more
Walk quickly to shop floor to manage emergencies carrying emergency equipment
Flexible Hours as needed for business purposes. May be required to work weekends.
Travel on occasion
Duties and Responsibilities may change dependent on business needs
With offices in the US and Canada, and a worldwide distributor base, BTE has been at the forefront of technology-assisted rehabilitation and physical abilities testing for over 30 years. BTE’s Workforce Solutions provides employers with superior processes and technology to enable employers to optimize productivity, through lower absenteeism/turnover, improved safety, reduced injuries and claims costs, and measurably increased performance. Our onsite health services are a key driver for client success and ROI.
These positions are located in an outstanding onsite setting of a leading worldwide company with a team of physicians, assistants, athletic trainers, clinicians, and case coordinators that provide preventive, acute and emergency medical services to help reduce and treat injuries and illness in the workplace.
Join our passionate, diverse group of talented professionals as we continue to reach new markets with industry leading healthcare products and services.
Comprehensive benefits package including Company 401K match.
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse LPN jobs in York PA USA:
Faithful Nursing in York, PA
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
All American Healthcare Services in York County, PA
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
One Stop Recruiting in York, PA
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter