Senior Mechanical Engineer
Top Global Manufacturer, Michigan City - 40 Miles East of Chicago .. Min. 5 yrs’ Chassis, Structural Frames Exp.
NEW POSITION - Due to Significant Growth
To $97K Base (d.o.e.) + Excellent Benefits (inc. 3 wks: Vacation + Xmas/New Year) + Relocation + Career Growth
Manager, Mechanical Engineering - Product Development of one of the world's leading, established/significant growing $700 Million innovative compressor manufacturers, offering the most extensive selection on the market today, is seeking a capable SR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER to join his team. Company offers products/tools for diverse range of industries: Construction, Mining, Manufacturing, General industry, etc.
This job opportunity is meant for a driven, dynamic/passionate, strategic minded professional and determined individual with a proven track record and who can identify, implement, improve and expand company’s product lines profitably, truly juggle multiple projects, tasks and cope with associated pressures very effectively. Someone who wants to be empowered to “make a difference” persuasively and collaboratively....being instrumental in enabling the Marketing & Sales teams....and, in turn, the Company to achieve its future growth, i.e. $1.5 Billion by 2019.
Due to Government laws and working with R&D, U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders only.
As an integral part of the Engineering and Technology Product Development team, the successful candidate will drive product development and new technologies thru the following activities:
- Design, development and validation of air compressor subsystems packages to meet development
- Design, development and validation of compressor subsystems’ packages to meet performance and cost objectives. Includes engineering development of compressor subsystems, and supporting components. (Chassis, structural frames, cooling systems, tanks, electric motors, and diesel engines, pneumatic and electronic controls).
- Development, optimization and implementation of compressor subsystem. Update design guide, tools, and standards for future product development programs.
- Provide leadership and technical direction in cross functional Product Development Team activities.
- Development, training of technical competencies of personnel to meet the short and long term goals of the organization.
- Effectively manage organization resources to achieve project quality, performance, timing and cost deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with teams and management to facilitate workflow and affect resolution to project barriers and problems.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS - a MUST HAVE:
- BS of Mechanical Engineering required with 5 - 10+ yrs’ exp.
- MS of Mechanical Engineering strongly desired with 3 - 6+ yrs. Exp.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE - a MUST HAVE:
- Min. 5+ yrs. Exp. with Chassis Design, FEA, CFD, NVH and Product Design/Development with a high level of technical project management/cross functional skills
- Mechanical Engineering experience with either an regional, national, global company in the compressor, industrial / rotating machinery / equipment or auto , Heavy trucks, etc. industries
- Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be autonomous (self-starter / self directed) and with proven ability to prioritize and take ownership.
- High energy, technical expert with strong engineered industrial machinery experience.
- Proven Application of mechanical, dynamic loading, and NVH principals in the design, development and testing of mechanical and/or electro mechanical components and systems
- Experience with stationary and portable compressor design, engine or, other rotating equipment knowledge and Product development phase-gate process is a significant PLUS
- Strong Knowledge of CAD system parts modeling, assembly and drawing packages a strong PLUS.
- Proven ability to provide creative, innovative problem solving skills
- Proven ability and desire to continuously seek improvement in existing process
- Proven, demonstrated ability to ‘master’ several components of a project, a complex component for large project or, complete project management
- Demonstrated, good experience/thorough understanding of PHASE GATE New Product Development Process Projects
- Demonstrated ability to work very effectively in a team and meeting deadlines without sacrificing Quality.
- True commitment, passion, drive to being empowered to effect the necessary results and, in turn, be part of the company’s future growth and vision.
- Proven ability to effectively interact and liaise with staff at all levels.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, professional and positive behavior
- Proven strong PC skills and software knowledge, MS Word, CAD, Project Management, etc.
Please IMMEDIATELY send your resume in WORD or PDF format