Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Commodity Manager Jobs in Chicago, IL
COMMODITY MANAGER - Top, Global Manufacturer, Michigan City (40 Miles E. of Chicago)
To $100K Base (d.o.e.) + Excellent Benefits (3 wks: vacation & Xmas/New Year) and Relocation
Sr. Manager - Commodities & Purchasing, Nth America - of one of the world's leading, established/significant growing $700 Million innovative compressor manufacturers, offering the most extensive selection on the market today, is seeking a very capable COMMODITY MANAGER. Company offers products/tools for diverse range of industries: Construction, Mining, Manufacturing, General industry, etc.
This job opportunity is meant for a driven, dynamic/passionate, strategic minded professional and determined individual with a proven commodities, purchasing, sourcing track record and who can identify, implement, improve, manage company’s suppliers to assure quality, delivery and continuous improvements’ activities are executed…and, meeting all purchasing/sourcing goals. Demonstrated ability to truly juggle multiple projects, tasks and cope with associated pressures very effectively. Someone who wants to be empowered to “make a difference” persuasively and collaboratively....being instrumental in enabling the Commodities & Purchasing team....and, in turn, the Company to achieve its future growth, i.e. $1.5 Billion by 2019.
Due to Government laws and working with R&D, U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders only.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Reports to Sr. Manager-Commodities & Purchasing, Nth America)
Lead Global Supply Chain efforts by supporting Company sourcing objectives and operation needs through sourcing both internationally and domestically to assure targeted cost and gross profit improvements are attained annually.
- Identify, evaluate and then select capable sub-contractors that fit the GSC sourcing strategy for improved manufacturing and operational product needs.
- Manage current suppliers to assure quality, delivery and continuous improvements activities are meeting company`s goals.
- Facilitate, negotiate and manage long term contracts with suppliers.
- Coordinate transition of components and/or products to guarantee there are no interruptions to the supply of product to Company’s customers.
- Continuously review 3PL, 4PL or other logistics solutions for supporting international aftermarket while demonstrating the ability to create strategies for improvements.
- Assess supply chain skill sets and make recommendations that build foundation for sustainable management of suppliers for logistics, products and services.
- Optimize the supply base performance level by providing technical support to purchasing, engineering, quality and manufacturing operative units.
- Guarantee that suppliers meet new product and process requirements by following the part approval process.
- Evaluate manufacturing costs pertaining to product changes and newly released components or assemblies.
- Analyze problems and supervise corrections related to machine tolerance, capability and production rates.
- Participate in special projects as abilities and opportunities allow or are required to meet customer demands such as corporate appropriation of capital, product line start-up etc.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS - A MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, and Operations Management
- CPM/CPIM and or APICS certification a definite plus.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE - a MUST HAVE:
- Min 5 years’ Commodity Manager experience for either a global or national conglomerate in the industrial machinery, equipment, compressors, auto, etc. industries.
- International and domestic sourcing experience including identifying, evaluating capability and pricing, contract negotiation and managing company's suppliers.
- Demonstrated financial responsibility for $10 - $12 Million “Buy” budget
- 10 years’ experience in machining, fabrication or related manufacturing of the following part families or processes is HIGHLY preferred: - Parallel axis course and/or fine pitch spur and helical Gears - Machined steel, aluminum brass and cast components - Both heavy and light gage fabrication - Primer, finish paint and coatings experience
- Proven / Demonstrated strong negotiation skills, business and strategic acumen
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality or deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with leading LEAN MANUFACTURING events: Kaizen, Kaban, etc.
- Strong / proven Project Management Experience and skills.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, organize and work with cross-functional teams to effect the necessary results.
- Strong / solid experience with working on Cost Reduction and New Product Launch Projects.
- Strong, proven analytical skills, and, of course, very detail-oriented.
- True commitment, passion, drive to being empowered to effect the necessary results and, in turn, be part of the company’s future growth and vision.
- Excellent / demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively interact and liaise with staff at all levels in a very diverse environment.
- Experience working in a ISO, QS or TS environment.
- Strong MS Office Suite, Computer Software, communication and blueprint skills.
Please IMMEDIATELY send your resume in WORD or PDF format
BSI-Boreham Search International
About BSI-Boreham Search International, Inc.:
Over 20+ Years' global executive search and talent acquisition experience across diverse industries and functions for top, global conglomerates, national and local companies ($2 MM - $30+ Billion) covering 3 Continents: Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Established excellent reputation for commitment, passion, customer service and integrity for both our clients and candidates.
Please feel free to view our Linkedin Profile
Posted 3 years ago
Browse Commodity Manager jobs in Chicago, Illinois: