Posted 1 year ago in Information Technology
Web Developer (Melville, NY)
Responsible for the Concept, Design, Development, Documentation and Implementation of Internet-Based Applications to support business operations as well as managing our Development and Production Web Servers
· Design and develop websites ensuring strong optimization and functionality
· Will work closely with Project Management and other members of the Development Team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
· Help in the planning of overall company policy regarding search engine optimization and web development
· Monitor web servers and sites technical performance
· Work on projects including web layout enhancements, desktop applications, website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
· Interact with servers using SSH, FTP and Telnet protocols.
· Work with various database systems including MSSQL and MySQL Server and frameworks including ADO and ODBC.
· Analyze, review and modify web systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or significant equivalent work experience
· At least 3-5 years' working knowledge of Web Application Development
· Experience with SharePoint Server 2010, BizTalk 2010, and/or C# is a plus.
· Must be a self-starter with strong self-management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Absolutely must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to demonstrate technical leadership and to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical users at all levels
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Melville, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Well established B2B Distribution Firm
Browse web developer jobs in Melville, New York:
BryceNet, Inc. - Melville, NY
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Loewy - Melville, NY
Posted 8 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Adecco Employment Services - Garden City, NY
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply