(Huntington Station, NY 11746)Overview:
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the Leadership of the Technology Infrastructure of a Large-Scale Environment in Western Suffolk County. Will provide Thought Leadership and Expertise in the Guidance and Management of Networks, Servers, Exchange Environment, SAN, VMWare and Enterprise Operating Systems.Responsibilities:
- Overall management of Network and Network Operating Systems (Servers, SAN’s, VMWare, Windows, File and Print Servers, Domain Controllers, Exchange, Network Devices, VLAN’s, Switches and Routers, Firewalls, Active Directory, IP Addressing, WAN and LAN Services, Network Monitoring and Reporting, Wireless Networks, Data Center Capacity Management and Planning, Security Management and Reporting, Disaster Recovery, Backups and Recovery.
- Lifecycle management of hardware, software, network infrastructure and network services
- Process and procedural documentation
- Perform daily systems backup and produce daily status and activity reports
- Responsible for escalated support to Level I/II Staff
- Management of all internal projects
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent ResidentsAll candidates MUST be local to Huntington Station, L.I., NY Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.Relocation is NOT offered.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing and administrating Enterprise Technology environments
- Must have the ability to develop communications and effective working relationships with Users and Customers at all levels
- Absolutely Must Have Strong English Verbal and Written Communication Skills and Strong Organizational Skills
- Customer Service Skills are Key to Success
- Must have proven experience in overcoming obstacles, meeting objectives and achieving results
- The ideal Candidate will have more than one of the following Certifications: A+, Network+, CCNA, , VMWare VCP or VCAP, MCITP or MCSE preferred