Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
SQL / Application Support Analyst (Melville, NY)
National firm is seeking an SQL/Application Support Analyst to work within an established Application Management and Support Team to support proprietary application systems. The position will report to the Director of Application Management and Support. Will provide daily support to our internal and client users. The position works closely with all Development/QA, Product and Project Management and will act as a Business/IT Liaison to optimize and streamline user workflows and processes for all of our proprietary systems.
· Provides day-to-day application support to users
· Assists in implementing integrated solutions with clients and vendors
· Works with the Application Team to analyze business needs
· Troubleshoots critical business functions related to customer inquiries
· Trains internal users on proprietary applications
· Maintains technical system support documentation
· Resolves problems, coordinates production issues between the development teams, business and other technical teams/vendors
· Completes periodic checklist for health checks of operation
· Performs root cause analysis, issue escalation, reports and tracks problems
· Identifies opportunities to improve the supported applications
· Assists and/or manages various projects
· At least 5 years’ experience working in IT, with at least 3 years of related experience
· Strong SQL Skills with ability to write Complex Queries and DML Commands
· Must have a Customer Service and Support mind-set
· Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at all levels of a corporate organization
· Outstanding technical troubleshooting/analytical skills with the ability to perform involved and independent research
· Proficient in MS Office, in particular MS Excel
· Experience in application programming a plus
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Melville, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Very Successful Manufacturer of Real-Time Data Management Systems
Browse application support analyst jobs in Melville, New York: