Enterprise Information Architect
Responsible for the Enterprise Information Architecture Domain within the Global Enterprise Architecture Team. Will play a pivotal role in transforming and enhancing the firm’s global business processes and information landscape by developing information architecture that will include multiple Oracle Enterprise, Retail and Legacy Applications.Responsibilities:
- Leverage the Business and IT Strategy to define the future state of Information Architecture, the required phasing and roadmaps, with a focus on rationalization and harmonization.
- Define standards, guidelines and conceptual models for all information architecture domains, e.g. MDM, ECM, DW, BI, data security and data governance.
- Translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which may include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies.
- Develop and obtain buy in for future state architectural visions and to translate them into actionable acceptable roadmaps.
- Monitor emerging industry standards to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.
- Ensure existing data and information assets are identified, maintained and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
- Demonstrate architectural experience and act as a thought leader in the space of information management.
- Work closely with implementation project teams to ensure compliance with the future state vision and existing standards and policies.
- Help business stakeholders maximize the use of key information assets. Work with business and IT stakeholders to establish and implement enterprise information governance, standards and processes.
- Solid understanding of information architecture domains, e.g. Enterprise Data Model, Data Integration, Content Management, Data quality & lifecycle, Big Data, etc.
- Ensure proper information architecture is implemented and standards are followed in project implementation.
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years specifically in Enterprise Architect role with Hands-on architecture and implementation experience in Oracle data warehouse and BI tools (OBIEE/OBIA)
- Experience of TOGAF, Zachman, FEA, OEAF or other Architecture Frameworks
- Experience of Oracle EBS and retail applications, e.g. EBS, ATG or Seibel, etc.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of features, limitations, and business uses of Oracle solutions.
- Expert understanding of Data Warehousing, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Operational Data Store implementation.
- Experience in building and maintaining application architecture in EA Tool.
- Experience in CPG (consumer package goods) is preferred.
- Will have experience in working with multi-cultural, globally dispersed teams.
- Experience in an Enterprise Architecture tool like Alfabet is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline required; Masters Degree a plus
- TOGAF Certification and PMP Certifications a plus
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US. All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent ResidentsAll candidates MUST be local to Hauppauge, L.I., NY. Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.Relocation is NOT offered.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work and effectively communicate with senior management is critical. Will have the ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple way using non-technical analogies for all to understand.
- Ability to drive results working independently or with the team.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Proven Project Management skills and the ability to balance long-term ("big picture") and short-term business objectives and architectural solutions.