Posted 1 year ago in Information Technology
EDI Specialist (Central Islip, NY 11749)
· Lead transitions of EDI systems to next-generation environments and/or cross-functional business systems.
· Lead, coordinate, and administer key process improvements to Internet-Based EDI implementations.
· Participate in design and review of new applications and integration strategies of EDI systems.
· Conduct research on EDI-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
· Perform system configuration, mapping, and management for EDI-based transactions and processes.
· Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
· Define and perform EDI system backups and recovery procedures.
· Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
· Compare compatibility of EDI-related products to company systems and make recommendations.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; Advanced Degree a plus
· At least 5 years of current EDI experience, preferably in the transportation and logistics industries
· Knowledge of EDI standard formats (ANSI X12, EDIFACT, etc.), VAN’s, and EDI translators.
· Good understanding of ASC X12 EDI standards and e-business, knowledge of EDI translation, communication, and interface environments
· Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining EDI systems.
· Experience in standard manufacturing EDI transactions (e.g. 800 series, 900 series, etc)
· Experience with troubleshooting and resolving operational EDI issues with customers and business partners
· Experience using Infor Visual Manufacturing a plus; experience with SaberLogic or RedTail a plus
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Central Islip, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
RESUMES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Well established B2B Distribution Firm
Browse edi specialist jobs in Central Islip, New York:
Bravens Inc. - Hauppauge, NY
Posted 1 month ago on DiversityJobs
Ferrellgas - Melville, NY
Posted 6 months ago on the web
Robert Half - Farmingdale, NY
Posted 12 days ago on Beyond