Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Applications Support Manager (Islandia, NY)
Will be responsible for managing a small team of Applications Analysts/Developers as well as for providing innovative solutions and functional support in the use of our software technologies for external clients. Requires a strong ability to interface with external clients to define and resolve technical issues. Strong SQL skills are a critical need in this role; it is a hands-on management position.
· Day to day management of a team of Applications Support Developers/Analysts
· Regular contact with external Clients / Customers to explore/diagnose issues with Software/Systems. Serve as Technical Advisor during client meetings
· Manage data conversion, database scripts, and report development tasks
· Determining resources and technology requirements; Estimating the design, development, and deployment time for all deliverables
· Monitoring and evaluating the quality of all deliverables
· Maintaining relevant database and development certifications across the team
· Meeting regularly with team to review changes or new technologies
· Keeping management informed of progress toward project objectives and goals
· Acquiring/maintaining knowledge of customer objectives/purpose/problems
· Providing expert remote and onsite support to end users during and post-implementation
· Must have strong, current, hands-on SQL, MS SQL Server Skills
· Expert level skills in Data Analysis and MS SQL Scripting
· Report writing experience (Crystal Reports, SSRS: SQL Reporting Services)
· Working knowledge of Web-based server components and network environment
· Will have at least 2 years of management experience, yet still be hands-on
· Bachelor's degree required, Advanced Degree a plus
· Excellent organizational, time management, writing and documentation skills
· Absolutely Must have solid English communication skills with extensive User Interface experience and Strong Interpersonal / Coaching Skills
This is a permanent, full time position (NOT a contract). Please do not apply (or refer) unless authorized to work in the US.
All candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
All candidates MUST be local to Islandia, L.I., NY
Please do not apply if you are not local, even if you would pay your own relocation.
Relocation is NOT offered.
Very Successful International Consumer Products Firm
Browse applications support manager jobs in Islandia, New York: