Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“A company with opportunity for growth, stability, festivity and an innovative culture.”
Broadcast Management Group is looking for an experienced Production Technician to manage the company’s production equipment and assist with various remote production projects. Qualified candidates must have extensive experience working on live, multi-camera productions in both a flight pack and production truck environment. The Production Technician will be responsible for maintaining all existing production equipment, purchasing new equipment as needed, properly tagging and inventorying all production equipment, checking gear in / out for production projects, and troubleshooting equipment as needed. This position will be based in Washington, DC – splitting time between our office and our warehouse – but will travel to other cities for remote production projects as needed. The Production Technician will be required to drive the company sprinter van to other cities for production projects from time to time. Qualified candidates must be comfortable working long production days, which may include nights and weekends. Hands-on experience with live streaming is a plus. The Production Technician will be required to stay on top of the latest industry trends and learning new production technology.
• Maintain, service and troubleshoot existing production equipment
• Organize and maintain the company’s existing inventory system, tag new equipment, and check gear in / out for remote productions
• Setup, test and QC all production equipment prior to remote productions
• Serve as a utility in the field during remote production projects
• Pack the company sprinter van prior to remote productions
• Perform general warehouse maintenance, including organizing all production equipment, keeping a proper inventory of expendables and collecting shipments when new equipment is ordered
• Prep and manage freight shipments to other BMG office locations as needed
• Make recommendations on new equipment and conduct research on equipment prior to purchasing
• Assist with the creation of production diagrams, pull lists, camera plots, cabling plans, etc. leading up to remote production projects
• Live production experience
• Valid US driver’s license
• Ability to travel
• Eagerness to learn
• “Can do” attitude
• Hands-on experience with web encoding and live streaming, specifically Elemental and Teradek encoders
• Hands-on experience with the Tricaster TC1 (or equivalent)
• Hands-on experience with ATEM production switchers
• Work history with a major mobile truck company
Broadcast Management Group is a full-service media production company with experience in all phases of content creation. We are industry leaders in live production, broadcast consulting, production staffing, creative development and event management. From consulting on technical facilities and developing original show formats, to the technical execution of large-scale live events, our passion for production and our dedication to clients is unmatched.