Job Description: Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Must have 2 years’ experience in shipping and receiving.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, sales orders, or packing slips.
- Generates Receiving Reports and Bill of Ladings for Lot Controlled items from MRP based computer system.
- Direct others in preparing or loading outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments match documentation and are in acceptable condition.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Assist in determining method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping methods, carriers and rates.
- Assist and/or direct personnel to conduct ticketed physical inventories.
- May at times operate tier-lift truck (certification optional) or use hand truck to move shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
About Brisar Industries, Inc:
Small contract packaging and manufacturing company on the border of Hawthorne, in Paterson Industrial Park.
Posted 3 years ago