“Awesome company! Great Benefits and lots of room for growth!”
Description: Assists and supports the academy director and staff in the provision of high quality early education and child care for children age six-weeks-old through school-age. In keeping with the vision and goals of the organization, creates, and maintains a program that offers positive experiences for the children, families and communities served within the academy.
Qualifications/Requirements: As a highly professional individual, you will work in conjunction with the academy director to ensure the academy provides developmentally appropriate experiences for all children and families, strives for excellence in the obtainment of recognized state and national accreditation and quality credentials, and incorporates Brightside Academy’s purpose, organizational goals, values and policies into daily programming. An effective assistant academy director must be an advocate for all children and families; passionate about developmentally appropriate early education and care; connected to educational networks and organizations; committed to continuous professional development; and have the following education, experience and abilities:
· Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field with 18 ECE credits (strongly preferred).
· Minimum of one to two years of documented early educational teaching experience. Experience must include: classroom management; curricular planning and implementation; environmental and child assessment; and family involvement practices.
· Exemplary customer service and communication skills, including oral, written, and listening skills.
· Ability to creatively think about early educational programming to ensure that all academy experiences relate to the diverse families and communities served.
· Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
· Ability to use technology, including but not limited to use of internet and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
· Ability to effectively read, write and communicate the English language. Bilingualism is a plus.
· Frequently lifts or moves weight as in lifting, carrying or holding children and infants of 10-60 lbs.
· Repetitive bending, stretching, squatting, and kneeling.
· Works with children on the floor.
· Works outdoors in a variety of weather.
· Ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including some nights and weekends.
Essential Duties: Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversees academy operations in the academy director’s absence.
· Monitors the daily maintenance of classroom management, including but not limited to:
· The maintenance of required classroom group sizes and ratios; child attendance procedures.
· Classroom opening and closing, meal time and other routine-based activity (e.g. toileting, resting, child arrival and departure) procedures.
· Classroom daily schedules (classroom experiences and staff schedules).
· Ensures all children receive enriching educational programming with a focus on positive experiences and child outcomes. This consists of the frequent informal and formal assessment of all aspects of educational programming, including but not limited to classroom environment and management; curricular planning, implementation, and assessment; individualization; family-centered practices; and educational resource provisions (e.g. support professionals, enrichment programming and field trips).
· Knows, articulates and remains current of best practices in early childhood education.
· Understands and is mindful how personal appearances, dress, use of body language and the voice tone pact the presentation, the environment, and how staff, children and families engage.
· Represents Brightside Academy in a highly professional manner at all times.
· Supports academy director in maintaining systems to ensure academy sites are clean, safe, inviting and in good repair and meet health and safety guidelines.
· Works in conjunction with academy teaching staff and the academy director to ensure adequate supplies, equipment and resources are available.
· Assists the academy director in the oversight of the quality rating improvement system (QRIS) for the academy to ensure the obtainment and maintenance of the highest quality credentialing.
· Assists with all classroom transition processes for all enrolled children.
· Assists with the academy “response to intervention” (RTI) system, ensuring successful outcomes for all children and families who experience our programs.
· Assists with staff meetings, in conjunction with the academy director and mentor teachers (if applicable).
· Assists in staff development including, but not limited to:
· New staff on-boarding and mentoring.
· Planning all teaching staff’s annual performance reviews and professional development in conjunction with the academy director.
· Collaborating with regional support team as needed.
· Maintains all classroom staffing schedules; reports scheduling discrepancies to academy director.
· Motivates staff by maintaining a positive attitude and leading by example, promoting a culture of ethical standards.
· Assists in the creation of a positive, enjoyable work environment, maintaining confidentiality, encouraging trust and loyalty among all academy employees.
· All other duties as assigned.
Brightside Academy is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Our future is BRIGHTER with YOU!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, we employ over 1,500 people and serve over 7,000 children per day in our academies located in multiple cities across Pennsylvania, Ohio and New York. At Brightside Academy our employees are our best resource. As a result, we recruit and retain the best. We offer competitive wage rates for qualified candidates, paid time off and holidays, group health insurance for all full-time staff, and the opportunity to climb the career ladder due to our continued growth.
Pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen are required. Brightside Academy proudly supports a diverse workforce - EOE