Brightree, the fastest growing Internet-based business management solution in the market, is seeking a team-player with a natural propensity to share concepts and techniques as well as foster and encourage sharing of knowledge. The Senior Software Engineer will participate in the technical design of the solutions including data modeling, functional design, test criteria, user interface design and development. Practical, relevant experience as a creative problem solver and a proven ability to convert specifications into exception software solutions are critical. The Senior Software Engineer will develop new features as well as maintain existing code for 24/7 mission critical applications in the HME/DME market.
• Design and develop new software features
• Maintain existing code through defect correction and refactoring
• Participate in technical design
• Write stored procedures, triggers and update the data model
• Provide unit tests for all code
• Conduct code reviews with other developers
• Follow best practices for software development in a web environment
• 5+ years of experience working for a software company with web-based applications using Microsoft technologies.
• 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server (TSQL/SQL)
• Strong OO knowledge and practical experience
• Practical experience with source code configuration, versioning and promotion
• Excellent problem solving, issue identification and technical documentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and meeting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Agile software methodology experience a plus
• Experience working in a SaaS model a plus
• Experience with BizTalk a plus
Brightree is an established yet still entrepreneurial software as a service (SaaS) company and the leading provider of billing and business management software solutions in the post-acute care healthcare market. We are listed on the HIT Top 100 List as one of the largest and fastest growing healthcare information technology companies in the U.S. Brightree's core application is the premier solution for home medical equipment providers (HME), orthotics and prosthetics practitioners (O&P), and sleep labs. Our SaaS-based software solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses, allowing them to remain efficient and effective in this ever-changing and complex word of healthcare.